Jamaican Black Castor Oil Facts You Will Be Surprised to Know
The songs of praises of castor oil are pretty famous and have been passed on since ancient times for its medicinal and beautifying properties but, it is only in recent times its variant – Jamaican Black Castor Oil started stealing the limelight. How are they different? Why is the black one more trending today? Your questions will be answered, don’t worry.
JBCO- The Black Variant of Castor Oil
The history of Jamaican Black Castor Oil can be traced back to ancient times just like the castor oil because it is not something recently discovered but its usage definitely has skyrocketed lately.
The regular pale yellow castor oil that is produced from fresh beans of the castor plant (Ricinus Communis) has a long history of use. According to Egyptian legend, it was used in lamps and lights around 4000 BC, as well as by Cleopatra to brighten the whites of her eyes, and so on. Whereas Jamaican Black Castor Oil (also extracted from the castor beans) was discovered during the slave trade (1740 to 1810) in Africa where it is believed to be produced by ex-slaves in rural communities and brought to the Caribbean by Ancestors.
Now, you may ask, if it is obtained from the castor bean plant, why is it black and how is it different? Well, unlike regular castor oil, Jamaican Black Castor Oil is prepared by roasting the castor beans first and then using heat to extract the oil, hence the black color. Now, since the method was developed first in Jamaica and the castor plant has been grown and harvested as a part of Jamaica’s cultural heritage ever since, it began to gain a reputation for being known as the premium Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO) on the international market today.
How Does JBCO Differ From Regular Castor Oil?
Needless to point out that the sheer clear difference between the two valuable oils is color. One is pale yellow while the other is black or dark brown. But, apart from these, they both majorly differ in terms of their processing method. Regular castor oil is usually cold-pressed where no heat is involved; JBCO is extracted using the traditional method where castor beans are roasted to produce a dark color, actually ash. The roasted beans are then ground manually in a grinder and slow-boiled on a wood fire by adding water to extract the 100% pure, dark brown, highly-nutritious organic oil.
Another difference is in their pH level. While the regular castor is slightly acidic, the Jamaican is alkaline because of the high amount of ashes in the beans. Other than that, although both are rich in nutrition profile and benefits, JBCO is found to be more effective than the standard one.
So, now that you understand a lot about Jamaican Black Castor Oil, here are a few interesting facts about it that will leave you spellbound.
- The higher the ash content in the oil, the darker the color and higher the effectiveness but, it also means stronger or sometimes more offensive the odor becomes, and if you find less odor in your Jamaican Black Castor Oil, chances are it may have been artificially processed.
- If you get JBCO at a relatively cheap rate, then probably it is not JBCO or is adulterated because the process of making it is an expensive and time-consuming process and hence usually comes twice the price of regular castor oil, and to be very honest, it is worth it.
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil is a miracle oil for hair problems. Although it is beneficial for skin and other health issues, the wonders it can do to hair are remarkable. If you are struggling with breaking, thinning, split ends, bald patches, traction alopecia, dry, itchy, or flaky scalp, or hair not growing at all, Jamaican Black Castor Oil is the answer to all. It cleanses the scalp of toxins, bacterial infections, fungal conditions, and parasites naturally and thickens, moisturizes, and restores your hair to its former glory with regular use.
- It has been clinically proven that regular application of JBCO helps fight the hormone DHT which causes hair loss. Moreover, due to its unique composition – as one of the few essential oils that contain an abundance of ricin oleic (90%), linoleic, oleic, stearic, and linolenic fatty acids, its ability to stimulate new hair growth is absolutely shocking.
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil has the most distinguishing characteristic. It contains 90% of ricinoleic acid, a powerful monounsaturated fatty acid that allows the oil to carry maximum moisture, vitamins, proteins, and omega 3, 6, and 9 to the hair and skin thereby increasing the blood circulation in them which promote overall skin, scalp and hair health.
- Not just hair, JBCO helps treat numerous skin problems such as dryness, chapped lips, etc. Due to the high concentration of vitamin E and its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties in it, JBCO is the best and most effective remedy for clearing out acne and scars as well as skin infections due to ringworm, psoriasis, athlete’s foot, painful corn, burns, fungus, cuts, sores, and even insect stings. In fact, making the application of Jamaican Black Castor Oil on the face a daily routine can also help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles due to its anti-aging properties.
- Another wondrous effect that Jamaican Black Castor Oil can do on your body is providing you relief from joint aches. The anti-inflammatory properties of JBCO can help relieve the discomfort and pain that occurs due to Rheumatism, arthritis, back pain, sore muscles, stiff joints, poor circulation, nerve damage, fluid retention, swellings, etc. Massaging JBCO on the painful area and applying a heating pad gives instant relief from pain which is natural, safe, and 100% more effective than over-the-counter ointments which are ultimately harmful to the skin.
- It goes without saying, Jamaican Black Castor Oil helps in treating stomach-related problems from the one it is said to be most effective for – constipation to other issues like Irritable Bowel Syndrome, stomach aches, digestive complaints, gas (bloating), and even cramps due to menstruation. It can be either consumed orally in a moderate amount to ease the passage of stool or can be massaged gently on the abdomen to get relief from stomach disorders.
- Other than the above, to mention a few, Jamaican Black Castor Oil aids in shrinking hemorrhoids and alleviating the pain and itching that they cause, drawing out toxins and breaking down the congestion in and around the lungs, reducing the size of swollen lymph nodes, cysts, moles and warts, curing insomnia, and the list goes on.
In a Nutshell
Jamaican Black Castor Oil is a must-have oil for all age groups because the benefits that one gets out of it are way huge, safe, and more effective than the modern chemicals which later do more damage than good.
Interested in buying Jamaican Black Castor Oil but worried about a reliable source. Visit Ambuja Solvex to get your 100% pure and organic Jamaican Black Castor Oil today.