Ambhuchem GMHS (GLYCEROL HYDROXYSTEARATE) Ester is off-white, low-odour waxy solid hydrogenated castor oil with superior tenderness, moisturization, and non-comedogenic properties. It is used primarily as an auxiliary emulsifier in formulations of personal care and beauty products as it gives a non-oily and non-greasy feel. It has an HLB of 3.4. Its approach of waxlike property and emulsion stability is of that beeswax with its healing and soothing qualities for skin care naturally.
Ambhuchem GMHS (GLYCEROL HYDROXYSTEARATE) possesses fine emollient properties and improves the dispersibility of colourants, bodying, thickening and formulation of active principles. Imparts high resistance to rancidity and is recommended as essential emulsification.
- Improves emulsion stability over a wide pH range
- Good emollient properties
- Imparts silky smooth feel with non-greasy properties
- Improves bodying properties of the formulation
- Improves dispersibility of colourants and active principles in the formulation
- Enhances outturn in stick preparations in roll-ons or antiperspirant sticks
- Good solubility in silicone fluids
- Broad compatibility with most natural and synthetic derivatives